Sunday, January 18, 2009

About ALEX

So today I'm going to be talking about ALEX. Some of you may have no idea what I'm talking about, I know before this past week I would have had no idea what ALEX was. Hopefully by reading on you will have a better idea and understanding of what it actually is.

Something that I knew nothing of before this class is ALEX, which stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. ALEX provides a large amount of resources to teachers and just about anyone else that can be very, very useful! Created by the Alabama Department of Education it is designed to provide extra resources to teachers, parents, and students. Looking through the site you can find multiple things including the ALCOS, lesson plans, interactive links for students, and much much more.

Personally, I think the ALEX site is an excellent idea. I not only believe this because I want to be a teacher and think it will be great for me, but its also a great place for parents and students to go. It is so easy to find on the web, and the site is very well organized so its really simple to find whatever you may be looking for. Also, I love the lesson plans that are available to look at. To be able to go on and look at those and have an idea of what you want to do for your own class and just build off of it can be of so much help to a teacher. I also really like the course of study that is available. This is not only useful to the teacher, but can be also very useful to the parents. Parents are always curious as to what their child is learning in school, and with the addition of the course of study to ALEX it is so simple for them to just go onto the site and look over the lessons and know exactly what is happening in their child's classroom. This can be a great advantage to how the parent-teacher relationship works and make it much easier for communication between the two. I have already had to use the ALEX site for two of my other education classes, so I know I will definitely be using it when I have my own classroom one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment