Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thoughts on podcasts & How they might be improved..

As I was listening to podcasts done by the previous EDM 310 classes, there are a couple of things that I think can be done to improve them. Let me start out by letting you know which ones I listened to and a little about them. First, I listened to the podcast done by Brandy, Amanda, and Daniel discussing Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. It is not a video I've watched yet (that's for next week's blog), but from the way they discussed it, it is actually something I'm really looking forward to watching! The next podcast I listened to was done by Adrienne, Joylyn, and Brian discussing YouTube being used for educational purposes. They discussed the pros and cons of using YouTube as an educational tool, and also the possible uses it can have in the classroom. Both of these podcasts were very interesting and relayed a lot of unknown facts (to me anyway).

There are a couple of things I came up with from listening to these podcasts that could be used to help improve those done in the future, especially by me. From listening to these, it is obvious that you really need to know what you are talking about and have your facts straight. It is hard to get off track and say unnecessary things, so it's important to know what you need to be talking about and make sure it is all relevant to the subject. Also, I think another thing is to make sure that you actually sound interested in what you're talking about. It's kind of hard to do unless you are extremely familiar with what you're talking about, but if you aren't interested in the subject, chances are those listening won't be either. I think it's important for these podcasts to sound somewhat casual, but on the other hand it needs to be done professionally. I hope to implement these things when I do my podcast.

Hope you enjoyed my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment