Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blogs Around the World..

Well this post is going to involve educational blogs which I found in other countries. It is amazing how versatile and widely used this kind of technology is used. Well for what I found, here we go..

The first school I found using a blog is Dhahran British Grammar School which happens to be Saudi Arabia. Ian Jones is the headteacher at this school, and I'm also assuming that he is the one running the blog. The blog actually is updated every school day with information on various activities going on in and around the school. It also gives various updates to the parents about what their children are studying. The blog is very detailed and seems to serve many different purposes to the students, parents, and people in and around the school. The stories and information shared on the blog is very interesting, even to people with no relations in the school.



This is a picture of students in what they call "year 7" who were awarded for excellent work with an out-of-uniform day and pizza party.

The next school I found using blogs is Holy Trinity School in Richmond, which is in London, England. Many teachers at the school use blogs, but the one I primarily looked at is Miss Ashby's. The blog appears to be more of an update for the parents than anything else. It gives detailed information about activities going on in the classroom. Miss Ashby also seems to update whenever materials are needed to be brought in from home, and various events that the parents are welcome to, or welcome to come to the classroom and help with. It's also geared for the students to look at also, perhaps if they have forgotten details of something at the last minute, but I can see where it would be a major help to the parents so they know exactly what is going on with their children! I really liked looking at these blogs. Although you may think, wow these blogs are from a completely different country they are probably going to be way different than ours, they really aren't. Most of the blogs I looked at are used just like they are here in the states. It's very interesting though!


I could not find a picture on the blog, but this is one of the Holy Trinity School.
I hope you find these blogs that I found interesting! Well, that's all for today! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment